Surgical care for articular and spinal pathologies, in particular:
- surgery for articular rheumatism and arthritis: osteotomy, joint replacements: hips, knees, shoulders etc.
- surgery to repair ligaments and joints damaged by sport; (examples: arthroscopy of the knee, shoulder or ankle; ligamentoplasty of the knee; recurring shoulder dislocation; patellar instability.)
- surgical treatment of malformations of the foot: hallux valgus; toes; ingrowing toenails, Morton’s syndrome; degeneration of the mid- and forefoot.
- canal surgery on the hand: Carpal tunnel, tenolysis; tenosynovectomy, Dupuytren's Contracture, bone tumours and articular cysts.
- herniated disc and lumbar canal surgery.
- osteo-articular sequels of traumas to limbs in partnership with the hospital’s emergency services.
The Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery Service has 25 hospital beds.
The surgeons are experienced former heads of clinic in teaching hospitals. Since September 2007, two surgeons who consult at the Hôpital Foch have been operating and hospitalising their patients in our service (Drs Paszkowski et Watin-Augouard).
During their stay, patients are under the medical responsibility of two general medicine specialists. A team of physiotherapists begin therapy during their hospital stay before the patients return home or are sent to a reeducation centre.
The Anaesthetics service, which examines patients before surgery, ensures the smooth continuity of the perioperative and intraoperative period. It treats, with doctors from the CLUD (the Service and Committee for the Fight Against Pain), postoperative pain to optimise patitents’ comfort.
The Outpatients’ Surgical Anaesthetics Unit (ACA) permits daytime hospital stays.
The hospital’s social service helps patients organise their return home to find them solutions adapted to their social and family circumstances bearing in mind the pathology for which they have been treated.
Head of Service
Dr Gérard VAQUIN
Dr Eric BARRE
Dr Henri BONFAIT
Dr Xavier DELOIN
Dr Charles FAYETON
Dr Mehdi OUAHES
Dr Steffen QUEINNEC
Dr Bruno ROCHE
General Medicine Specialists
Dr Jean-Dominique DELON
Dr Alexandre DAVID
01 47 59 19 47
01 47 59 19 48
01 47 59 55 08
Duty Nurses 24h/24
01 47 59 55 09
The Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery Service has regular ties and partnerships with:
- The IHFB’s Rheumatology service;
- The Continuous Observsation Unit where the most serious conditions are treated in the immediate post-operatrive phase; ;
- Reeducation centres which give post-surgical care, such as Courbevoie, Le Vésinet, Hôpital Stell, Clinique du Mont Valérien, Hôpital de Sèvres, Clinique de Taverny, St Ouen l’Aumône, Hôpital St Jean.